Bring on the Bollywood cast
Get ready to Bring on the Bollywood with Phizzical in association with the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry
Saturday 23 – Saturday 30 April 2016
Press night Tuesday 26 April 2016, 7pm
A Bollywood inspired musical comedy exploring contemporary relationships of young and global Asians that will ignite passions with it’s themes of love, break-ups and marriage.
From artistic director of Phizzical Productions Sâmir Bhamra, creator of the acclaimed and inventive Bollywood adaptation of Shakespeare’s Cymbeline, comes the exciting new musical dance extravaganza Bring on the Bollywood. Performing at the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry from Saturday 23 – Saturday 30 April 2016, the show will feature the best of emerging and established British Asian theatrical, film and TV talent.
Bring on the Bollywood’s cast features Sohm Kapila, Adam Samuel-Bal, Sakuntala Ramanee, Rohit Gokani, Bhavin Bhatt, Rishi Nair, Nikkita Chadha, Rasheeda Ali, Chrissie Chanel, Jo Bispham, Prem Rai, Subhash Viman, Hemisha Dave, Dan Jordan, Rupali Pattni and Dhyani Modessa.
[table id=1 /]
Bring on the Bollywood’s diverse creative team boasts some of the brightest and emerging stars.
- Composers Devesh Sodha (Phizzical’s Cymbeline), Sarvar Sabri (winner of the Arts Council Composer for Dance Award), 4MG Entertainment and the legendary Niraj Chag (Olivier Award winning Rafta Rafta) project the authentic sounds of Indian cinema into each and every scene.
- New songs by Robby Khela (recording artist and support act for Blue and Girls Aloud).
- Skilled choreographers Subhash Viman (James Brown: Get on the Good Foot Tour), Leena Patel (Bollywood Showstoppers at the O2, London) and Sonia Sabri (innovative Kathak shows such as Parallels and Hatke) put their own twists on the dance sequences that Bollywood does best.
- Set designers Olly Shapley (Dancing In Step, Out of the Blue at the Welsh National Opera House), and Faye Rowse (winner of Best New Set Designer 2014 for Serjeant Musgrave’s Dance at the Crescent Theatre, Birmingham) use their keen eye for Eastern storytelling to accurately capture the beauty of the Indian mountain ranges.
- Delicate lighting design from Pete Bragg (F***ing Men on Broadway, New York).
- Costume design from Samir Bhamra
- Bollywood make up from non other than Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s make-up artist Tanvi Gutka (Jai Ho, Big Boss).
To book tickets call the Box Office on 024 7655 3055 or visit www.belgrade.co.uk