Bollywood Commissions for artists
Phizzical is offering three commissions to artists working in Digital Arts, Set Design and New Writing to make contemporary Bollywood work. The commissions are an opportunity to present Bollywood themed art as a professional and high quality art form marking the 100th anniversary of Indian cinema (1913-2013).
The commissions are up to £3000 for:
- new writing – that could be adapted for stage or radio
- digital art – to promote our next production Bring on the Bollywood
- a visual arts installation installed during Bring on the Bollywood at Belgrade Theatre in Coventry
All artists will be provided with a mentor to develop the artists ideas and broaden their networks. This is an opportunity to profile the work of local, national and regional practitioners and give opportunities to access other professionals and practitioners.
In order to be considered for a Bollywood Commission, each artist will need to:
- Submit a 500 word proposal about the project idea
- Demonstrate a track record of producing quality work that is innovative, diverse and challenging.
- Provide a CV that highlights their experience and capacity to create a quality piece work for the general public
- Submit a web link or DVD of existing work
- Give the name of the potential piece, length (radio play) and technical requirements
Criteria for selection is based on:
- Highest Quality; work with a clear sense of purpose and integrity that has the potential to reach the highest artistic standards of practice.
- Engagement; work that has the ability to interact and captivate audiences.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm on 20 March 2015